SW Seattle Youth Alliance has the following goals:
- Increase community connection, raise levels of involvement, and reduce community disorganization.
- Decrease the risk associated with low perception of harm of drug use.
- Decrease the risk associated with favorable attitudes towards drug use.
- Decrease the risk associated with poor family management.
- Decrease the risk associated with community laws and norms favorable to drug use.
- Increase opportunities for pro-social involvement.
Based upon a yearly assessment of the needs and resources in our community, the Coalition’s action plan is focused on 5 key areas: Youth Engagement, Education, Environmental, Public Awareness and School-Based Prevention/Intervention.